Ryder is a ten-year-old boy and a protagonist of the TV series, PAW Patrol. He is the 1st member of the PAW Patrol and is the team's leader.
Ryder is a young, precocious, 10-year-old boy who is the leader of the PAW Patrol. During an emergency, he calls and leads the pups on missions to help the citizens of Adventure Bay.
Ryder is very intelligent. He trained each of the pups to their own specific job (e.g. Marshall as a firefighter dog, Chase as a police dog etc.), and he invented all of the gadgets used by the PAW Patrol team. He even taught each pup how to use their own gadgets. During an emergency, Ryder knows the solutions to each problem and he also knows which pups are needed in each mission.
During missions, Ryder is seen in all episodes as being very calm and collected. He is also very mature, patient, and friendly, which earns him the trust and loyalty of all the pups, and this makes him a good leader of the PAW Patrol. Although Ryder is mature, he is still a child, and in some occasions, can be playful and childish at times.
Ryder has fair skin, gelled up dark brown hair, and brown eyes. He wears a red, white, yellow, and blue vest, which contains the PAW Patrol logo, that covers a white long-sleeved shirt. He also wears blue jeans and has blue and white shoes. He is not as tall as the adult characters.
During missions, Ryder wears a high-tech jacket which has the same colors like his vest. During an underwater mission, Ryder wears a scuba diving suit that also has the same colors as his vest.
In "Pups and the Ghost Pirate," Ryder wears a knight costume for Halloween. Although different from what Ryder usually wears, the knight costume still contains his life vest, which inflates when Ryder was traveling over the water on his ATV.
Other attires Edit
- With helmet
- Scuba-diving outfit
- Knight (Halloween only)
- Adventure Bay All-Stars basketball uniform
- Tobbogan and gloves
- Snowboarding gear
- Flying suit
- Mission PAW
- Sea Patrol jacket and shirt
- Ryder is 10 years old.
- Ryder hates Brussels sprouts, even to the point of having nightmares about them, as revealed in "Pups Save a Toof".
- Ryder can play the harmonica, as seen in "Pups Save a Hoedown".
- Ryder's parents have never been seen, heard or mentioned.
- However, according to an October 2016 PAW Patrol News Twitter response, Ryder's parents are indeed "around", but they intend to keep the show focused on him and the pups.
- It is also unknown if he has any siblings.
- Ryder is the fourth member of the PAW Patrol that has needed help from the pups, behind Marshall ("Pups Fight Fire"), Rocky ("Pups Save the Easter Egg Hunt"), and Rubble ("Pups Save a Super Pup").
- He is the third character to receive a new voice actor replacement; the first being Marshall and the second being Chase.
- His voice sounded higher in Season 2, even though his voice actor was the same until "Pups Save a Stowaway".
- Ryder performed a rescue mission for the first time in the Season 3 episode "Air Pups".
- Ryder is a very patient person when dealing with many situations, mainly when dealing with Mayor Humdinger.
- In the episode "Pup Pup Boogie" Ryder is proven too big to fit in the pups' vehicles (specifically Rubble's rig). However, in later episodes he rides in Zuma's submarine, even piloting it.
- This means that Ryder may have upgraded the vehicles in order for himself and others to fit in the pups' vehicles.
- According to the PAW Patrol Read and Glow book, Ryder adopted each of the pups to form the PAW Patrol.
- However, Everest and Tracker are owned by Jake and Carlos, respectively.